View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 04:29 AM   #22
Laredo Tugger

The mix and match of a proper TV for a given TT or 5er can be confusing. It would be nice to have some guidelines of official standards (sticker on the trailer) stating "this trailer should be towed by the following vehicles", but I can already hear RV dealers whining nation wide. I guess in effect that is what we try to do here and many other numerous threads like this one, but with all entries being only opinion.
And before anyone tries to lecture me on the realities of such a proposal, I get it that there are many factors that go into the equation for the "correct" TV. Some that do not deal with weight at all. Finances and floor plans come to mind,to name a few. And I understand what a problem it would be for someone to tell the truth about tow vehicle capacities (matched to specific size trailers), obviously "tow capacity" is not working . We can't even get truth out of major media outlets, why would we expect it anywhere else. I guess some will say they don't need big brother telling them what they can tow with,but then maybe you do. But I guess that is what freedom is for, which I whole heartily support.
Just an observation, you may return to your regular scheduled programming now
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote