View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 04:03 PM   #27
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
George, hopefully the ATT wireless will work for you. When wifi/internet was first getting started the first opportunity we had for any kind of broadband was from a local company that installed repeaters on the water towers in town. Although I was a manager for the local telco at the time the telcos did not offer any service like that so I went with them. They installed the pole with antenna on the side of my house nearest the water tower and ran a cable inside to the router. Worked far better than anything we had ever known and used it for several years until the telcos caught up. Hopefully they will provide you better service at a lower cost.

Danny, the AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet service has been on for a week. It works great. 20 mbit download and 10 upload. Only issue is that they keep dropping the IP lease and picking it back up again. I use a tool called CPanel to get my email and manage my website. Had to do a work around to get these to work properly but otherwise seamless. Will be calling Hughesnet tomorrow to drop their service. BTW: We can stream 1080P with no buffering on Netflix and with Hughesnet, could only stream 480 with occassional buffering. At about half the price! I got the no contract service for $10 more a month (they give you $10 off for the first year if you sign a contract then it goes up to $70 a month anyway).
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote