Thread: The way I do it
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 04:54 PM   #17
Ken / Claudia

Mohead1, I don't think there is a right or wrong way on the gray tanks. I certainly do not care how you or others do it. I like opening them when there is many gallons and it rushes out. For me opening and closing them on a trip with hook ups is normally once when their full. But, to open and close them is like others mentioned, 5 minutes. I have time and energy to do it. I also dry camp a lot and so the route is about the same, except shower is outside when dry camping.
I will say for the years I had a extra RV parked at our extra beach lot for use of guests. I had to leave the gray valve open into the septic since they all used the RV like a home build house and ran water as much as at home. Many forgot to dump the black before they left and we knew right away a week or 2 later. We had a park model 40 ft for 10 years, no holding tanks in that. The sewer line was open into the septic full time.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote