View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 05:16 AM   #14
Archergodwin

I added the 13.5k Brisk Air II (non ducted) to our bedroom a couple of years ago... it will freeze you out if you need it to.

When our main unit went out this last July (Coleman Mach) I bought a 15k Brisk Air II to replace it. (ducted).

I did add a magnitude of complexity and work, by deciding to put both units under zone control, but I liked that better since the non-ducted unit with manual controls will run the fan 100% of the time and only cycle the compressor.

Unless you're a sadist, I wouldn't recommend retrofitting a zone-control system.. .hahahahah

That said, I REALLY like the zone control. Dometic does not make it easy for a DIY'r to 'design' a system though as there is no direction of 'you want this, you need this'. Took reading a lot of online manuals for different devices to figure out what the 'system' needed to look like. .. and then the issue of running new wires in a already completed coach... I had to get 'creative'

If you're not full-time... zone control is probably over the top. However I will say that after doing the work on our system, one of the biggest benefits was finding that most of the duct work was crappy... and there were gaps and holes in the transition from duct to vent.

I spent a good deal of time pulling the vents and retaping/reforming the transitions from the duct to the vent output. It made a world of difference... I must have had at least 20% of my airflow going into the ceiling space. Makes me wonder if this was a Monday/Friday trailer. I have to be fair though, I would not have expected this rig to hold up as good as it has, after 7-8 years of full-time living, as it has. I and my sweetheart are blessed with our warm & dry, 4 walls.
Full-time in my Fuzion since 2011
USAF Vet. B-52G Crewchief.
Archergodwin is offline   Reply With Quote