View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 05:41 AM   #7
Stircrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith948 View Post
If you have had 5 locks fail, something is amiss. It is either latch/lock alignment - you have had 5 defective locksets (unlikely) - or the locks are not properly installed or lubricated. Just sayin'
I do everything you have said, these are not failing after a year of abuse two failed the first time they were used, the last two we managed to get a week into the holidays and then again a month later at the dealer for the last one. the first and last were the cylinder fell out of the lock and the middle two were the key broke off. even the lock smith couldn't understand why they would build a key like that. when I talked to the company that supplied the lock sets they said they have 110 different key patterns, and the last one I got that i am waiting for better weather to get put in isn't near as pinched at the previous ones were so hopefully this will be the last. the problem is they were putting deep tumbler cuts on the key directly across from each other, which was reducing the blade thickness of the key to about 1/8th of an inch creating an extremely weak spot in the key. even the dealer has said they are seeing about one of these locksets a week and now they are keeping 5 in stock.

Steve
Stircrazy is offline   Reply With Quote