View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 07:11 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Sometimes we forget that we are talking on this forum to a broad base of members of different experience levels, different physical capabilities and different mechanical abilities. We have members who are physically capable of lifting 200 or more pounds and we have members who can't lift 50 pounds. So, while it might be a "one man job" for some, adjusting the pinbox may well be a two or three person job for another member. To illustrate, consider this:

I put the forks on my front end loader (on the tractor) and put it under the pin box to support it. If I didn't have that "mechanical help" I wouldn't even loosen the bolts without a "second helper" to keep me from getting in over my head.

If you've never done it (the focus of why this thread is discussing this task), loosening the bolts and pulling them is "NOT" the time to find out that "You can't really do it by yourself"....... While those "familiar with the task" can devise ways to work around the needed "second helper", the "first time pinbox adjuster" really shouldn't try it by himself until he knows what to expect.

Sort of like giving someone who hasn't yet flown an airplane the keys to a new model and telling them to "go try it out"..... The outcome may be "OK" but there's a good possibility that somebody might get in "over their head" once they pull back on the stick and suddenly realize.............. OH **** .....

What happens when a new "pinbox adjuster" pulls that last bolt and realizes, OH **** .... That's really not the time to find out that "I should have had a helper".....

Just sayin'

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote