Thread: Cougar 327RES
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #9
mobile42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
Bought ours last spring and had time to use it several times. We have problems with the shower leaking, caulking I think. I've tried recaulking but so far no luck. Will need to go back to dealership. One thing I wish is that it had a larger awning. Very small for the length of the unit. I asked a keystone rep if another could be added on to the slide but no one seems to give me a definate on that answer. It,s long. When I picked it up all slides were in and I was surprised when I first saw it. It looked shorter with the slides out. The layout is nice, lots of storage. Steps and hallway going up front are nice and wide. One other mention is the overhead clearance in the bedroom slide is marginable if your on the tall side, I knocked my headwhen getting out of bed but now I think my head automatically ducks when getting up. To others installing bedroom air, is that difficult or expensive and where does the second thermostat go or does the OEM one operate it?
We (and the DW) just picked up our new 327RES yesterday (Tuesday) from Fun Country RV in Anthony Texas with the second AC installed in the bedroom. It's a Dometic AC unit and there is no separate thermostat and the OEM will not operate it. It has all the controls built in it (the kind you find in a pop-up). I had the dealer install it for me and paid around $800 total. Had to stay overnight at a RV park in Las Cruces New Mexico due to the extreme winter conditions shutting down the interstate to Albuquerque. We were excited about staying overnight in it immediately so I filled my water tank up and disconnected the garden hose and everything seemed okay until the next morning, I guess my fresh water tank and water line froze overnight. Heater ran all night too! Good thing we had fresh bottled water for drinking, cooking, handwashing and restroom use. We had to shower at this RV facility. Not sure what I'm going to do once I get home and try to figure what type of tank and hose heater I may need to install to keep this from happening again. It don't matter if you have the a RV Arctic or 4 Season Package, Mother Nature is brutal!
4000 Watt Champion Generator

2007 Keystone Sprinter 264BHS TT
2005 Flagstaff Forest River TT
mobile42 is offline   Reply With Quote