View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 03:31 AM   #41
NotyetMHCowner

I replied to this thread a year and a half ago. We are still planning on full timing in 2022. We had plans to buy a used mobile suites but after much consideration, we have decided to keep our Montana High Country. We just got back from camping a week during the fourth of July and really spent some time looking at what changes we want to make and decided our camper is the one we will use.

I haven't had the leaking and interior falling off problems some have had. Our biggest issues have been with the auto level and the refrigerator. I was convinced to buy a residential fridge and never have a rv fridge again, until I installed the ARP control and the Fridge Fix interior fans. I believe they have completely took care of the problems with this big fridge being in the slide. As for the auto level, after running bigger wire and a bigger breaker for it, I have not has any more problems with it "amping out". It is frustrating that it will not auto level if one of the jacks is more than 2 inches extended than the other one, but luckily I have finally figured that out and add blocks accordingly under the jacks.

We really enjoy our 305RL. I would not want one any longer. We enjoy state parks and national parks and at 35', we are already pushing the length requirements of some places we like to go but still have enough living area to satisfy us during rainy days.

If I had it to do all over again, I would buy a used Mobile Suites for the price I paid for this Montana High Country new. But, we don't want to take the loss of trading and buy something that we don't know anything about. We know all of our issues and how to correct them. I wouldn't spend the money on a Montana though. I don't think the increase in price is justified. One should really take a close look at used high end brands.
1998 Coleman Grandview pop-up with slide

Trucks:
2006 Ford F350 CC, SB, DRW, 4x4
1992 Ford F150 SC, SB, 4x4
NotyetMHCowner is offline   Reply With Quote