View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 05:10 PM   #6
TheGriz

Our trip started with our two boys, ages 9 and 12, by flying into Anchorage...beautiful city. Rented a 30' Class C and proceeded to Denali for first night. Second day went through Fairbanks (industrial town), and headed south to village of North Pole for second night (celebrates Xmas everyday of year!). Then south toward Valdez staying at the base of a glacier 50 north of Valdez at a USGS dry campsite for third night (breath taking!). Proceeded into Valdez and camped right in that extremely nice city for the fourth night.

Tough to pick the best part of the trip as the boys enjoyed everything. But the next morning we were all up at 4 am and drove the RV into the hull of the Alaskan Ferry at 6 am!!! The ferry spent all day going threw the Gulf of Alaska. The on-board Naturalist spent all day with the boys explaining all the wildlife and glacier calving to the boys...they were mesmerized. Sailed into Seward later that evening and found a private campsite on the Russian River.

Next day I found a little tributary and the boys arms fell off fighting the big Salmon and Rainbows with lightweight trout rods!!! Never saw such huge smiles on their faces!!

Finished the trip of a lifetime returning the RV and spending the day enjoying Anchorage and all it has to offer! Stayed in hotel that night to catch flight home next day.

Would very much recommend the Alaskan Ferry!

I sure hope that doll in the furry bikini doesn't come after me 15 years later for that pinch on her hinney

BTW...trip was last week of July, not a single mosquito believe it or not!

Enjoy!!!
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaska058.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	347.9 KB
ID:	14732   Click image for larger version

Name:	alaska120.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	373.9 KB
ID:	14733   Click image for larger version

Name:	alaska127.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	363.2 KB
ID:	14734   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaska007.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	384.4 KB
ID:	14736  

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote