View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 07:43 AM   #3
ADQ K9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnftravel View Post
Well after several days of searching and looking for repair tips for a cracked fresh water tank at the drain hole area I finally fixed it.
We have a 2017 keystone Bullet crossfire 2070bh.
Last season we noticed the fresh water holding tank was leaking.
First I was going to buy a new fresh water holding tank and decided to check into repairs and found that a electric plastic welder would work for this project.
My neighbor mentioned that he had one so I gave it a try and it worked out great.
It not only heated the plastic and sealed it with the plastic rods it actually stiffened the bottom of the drain area and made it more solid and we no longer have a crack. The project took me approximately one hour to do.
I used a Mini-Weld Model 7 Airless Plastic Welder model #URE5700HT
If I didn’t have one I would’ve went out and purchased it for around $170.00. It is well worth every penny and it will repair almost any plastic there is like cracks holes or whatever you need to fix that is plastic. This thing seems to do a great job and I’m very pleased with it.
Some may say repairing freshwater holding tank’s won’t work but from what I’ve seen and what this little machine can do I beg to differ. I put about 15 to 18 gallons of water in it after the crack was repaired and I have not had a drop of water leak out at all today. So far so good and will let everybody know down the road how I made out after a few trips.
From what I read on purchasing a new tank was the issue with taking the old one out because of the straps being screwed in from the top side and the amount of time and effort it would’ve been would’ve needed to replace the tank. This repair was a much better solution.
Happy campers in Bardstown Kentucky
Thanks for sharing how can you not be happy in a place like Bardstown.

My under belly is enclosed and I have a piece of pex running out with a cap on it. if your set up is like this is there enough pex to cut and put a new valve on? Pictures would be helpful.
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote