View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 08:54 AM   #33
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandals 123 View Post
Hahaha... In the long run that is probably the best option!

While struggling with finding an affordable replacement for the 2010 6.4, I contact a client of mine who runs a diesel specialty shop. He has suggested completing a EGR delete and a DPF delete. He said they do these all the time and it makes the engine last longer, inceases power and eliminates the horrible "smoke" issue.

Anyone on here have any experience with this process?

Thanks
Alan
Yep, my 6.4 was insane after EGR and DPF delete. Even in tow Tune it would just roast the tires. Had soooo much power. Other problems are still around.

Oil cooler: ford gold coolant clogs the cooler. Best to flush with fleet rite system. Did it to mine and could not believe the gunk that came out. Took a couple days to complete. I’d throw on a coolant filter to catch the gunk. I had big wads of Alge in mine. Had a CTS2 to monitor the oil vs coolant temps. Need to stay within a set amount of degrees between them.

Rocker arms. The arms do double duty. They are bridged and therefor take a lot of punishment. The worst thing part is the tips. They are a separate piece and come off. Thus they break and can be sucked in if they break down small enough. They are cheap to buy and somewhat easy to install.

Radiator: Bad Bad Bad. Plastic ends warp with flex of body and they come apart, Mishimoto makes an awesome replacement and a stronger core support brace that fixed it,

I put on new radiator pipes. Earlier builds (08) had bad o-rings. Intercooler boots blow, riffraff diesel makes great reaplcements. I put on new Intercooler tubes as cold side is smashed flat from factory.

I had a lot of fun with my 6.4 I was sad when it met its death.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	35CE861F-C212-4273-A265-1BE3D4B01ED4.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	737.1 KB
ID:	20761   Click image for larger version

Name:	55C011BA-F9DB-4801-84B8-B16B2D448386.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	424.9 KB
ID:	20762  
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote