View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 01:22 PM   #3
DocP

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo View Post
I have a 2015 outback 326rl that we love!! I have a dish mounted on tripod that we carry with us. My problem is I only get satellite reception on big screen in living room, only receive rig antenna in bedroom. How can I get satellite picture in bedroom? I can watch air tv but would rather have satellite in bedroom also.... any ideas??
I was in the same situation as you. Here's what I bought: https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Tran...r+and+receiver

I bought mine directly from the manufacturer for $30 less than the price in the link above.

It just arrived yesterday, and I did a preliminary check on the entire setup. So far, the setup is working fine! I added an hdmi splitter to the mix (one hdmi cable from the DirecTV box to the splitter input, one hdmi cable from the splitter #1 out, and another hdmi cable from the splitter #2 out to the wireless hdmi receiver).

The distance between the living room tv and bedroom tv is pretty short, so the reception is great on the bedroom tv. There's a 30 day return period on this wireless setup, so I'll test the heck out of the setup during that time period to make sure that I get a reliable and strong transmission signal.

By the way, with this setup, I only need one DirecTV box, which also means that I can't be watching different shows on both tv's. I'm okay with that. Also, I have my DirecTV box and remote controls set to RF (radio frequency), so that I can control the DirecTV box in the living room from the bedroom.
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote