Thread: 2018/19
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 07:11 PM   #16
ken56

OK, I may have been a bit hard on Galveston....I enjoyed our stay in the area and I would go back. Gaidos seafood restaurant is a must do when you are there. Have their bread pudding for dessert. So delish you will want to lick the bowl.

While you are at the San Carlos resort you will be very close to Trico Seafood Market. Good small market with fresh off the boat Sanibel Pink Shrimp and fresh fish. They had the best prices I could find in the area. 12.95 lb. for large shrimp. Same road but further down is The Shrimp Dock Bar and Grille. Excellent. The shrimp beach bread and the shrimp corn chowder is so good you will go back for more. Great place with outdoor dining right on the channel.

Siesta Bay is a nice park but its mostly a permanent/seasonal type of park. Nice amenities, clean and well run. No dogs are allowed and 2 indoor cats is the limit for pets. We are here helping out a friend do some repairs to her trailer home, damage from the hurricane and she is a permanent resident. My trailer is 37 ft. long and I could barely maneuver it into the space because things are so close together. Narrow roads and not much space between your neighbor. If it hadn't been for helping her I would not have come here but again, its a nice park really. You made the right choice with San Carlos park. Traffic over the bridge to Ft. Myers Beach is awful though. Be very careful driving around because you have the 2 extremes of the "old" folks driving slow and the young whipper snappers wanting to be the next Nascar phenom.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote