Thread: 2018/19
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 07:04 AM   #8
Harleydodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken56 View Post
I have been at Siesta Bay Resort since 12/1/17 right around the corner from the San Carlos RV resort. From the road it looks like a good place but that is a limited view. The area is alright but traffic can be heavy. Lots of restaurants and junk shopping and its just up the road from the beach, maybe 2 miles if that. Ft. Myers is not a "tourist" destination really in my opinion. Nothing here to do but golf or fish and not a lot to see. The Edison/Ford winter estate is here though.

Nashville is a nice city if you want country music and honky tonks and some night life. Depending on how long you plan on staying there you may get bored. I have stayed at the Yogi Bear CG on Music Valley Drive and its as good as any park in the area. Its right next to the Two Rivers CG and its the same feel and there is a KOA up the road along with a Camping World close by. Traffic is nuts to say the least. Avoid rush hour at all costs. There is a good bit of road construction going on too but by the time you get there it may be done, at least some of it. You might consider the Smoky Mountains area. Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. More to do.

Galveston is nice too as we have stayed across the inlet on the Bolivar Peninsula. Don't expect pristine beaches and the water is filthy, I would not expect to swim in it. Can't say anything about your choice of a park there but the area is nice. Town is OK but again there is not much to do really unless you fish or want to go up into Houston and see the Space Center there.

I always go on line and order the visitor guides from the states we visit. They have a lot of good info and are broken down into regions with region specific maps. I find them very helpful to have the printed guide to pick up and look at instead of doing it all on line. Good luck with the planning and the retirement. I highly recommend it.
Thanks for taking the time to review the areas we are looking at staying.
It means a lot.

How do you like Siesta Bay?

2013 Raptor 310ts Toy Hauler
2017 Dodge Ram 6.7l CTD DRW Laramie Longhorn
2008 FLHTC Harley.

Harleydodge is offline   Reply With Quote