View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 05:18 AM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
John, any chance you can post a picture of how you locate the Velcro strips to the mirror? My thick head can't figure it out.
Jerry,

I took two strips of adhesive Velcro, about 1' long and on the fuzzy half of the Velcro, I cut the plastic backing tape (the one you pull off to expose the adhesive) in the middle of the strip so that there were 3 "sections" of the plastic backing, each about 4" long. I pulled the film from the center section, leaving the backing on both ends. I stuck that to the back of a 2" wide aluminum strip and then used double stick tape to fasten that to the back of the monitor with the Velcro toward the ends. What you'll have is two "tails" on each Velcro strip, one on each end of the back of the monitor.

Then I positioned the monitor where I wanted it on the mirror, folded the top tails over the back and marked that spot on the back of the mirror (actually the part of the mirror that's closes to the windshield which is really the front). I peeled the plastic backing off the "rough side" of two 3" Velcro strips and put them on the back of the mirror where the tails folded over.

To "install the monitor" I put it in position on the mirror, fold over the top tails to "hang it in place" and then fold the bottom tails behind the mirror and attach them to the Velcro also. Essentially, the Velcro on the monitor "folds around the mirror and sticks to the rough side of the Velcro tab on the back of the mirror holding the monitor "top and bottom" to that rough Velcro that's taped to the back of the mirror.

I'll try to get a photo later today. We're in a campground in southern Tennessee and forgot our camera at our niece's house when visiting and haven't been back to get it yet.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote