View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 01:36 PM   #4
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasbeau View Post
Are the differences in the overall build quality or the additional amenities added?... ...Other things we feel the Hideout needs help with is cheap plumbing fixtures, a lack of electrical outlets and a range top that needs to be lit with a match. Otherwise we found the unit very acceptable. Hopefully they didn't skimp on the build of the frame or chassis?
With my Bullet, I came to the conclusion after purchase that I would just upgrade as I saw fit along the way. Cosmetically, an owner can do most of the little things. But it goes deeper than cheap faucets and lack of outlets.

Read about my troubles over the weekend...

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=34888

I spoke with a very experienced and reputable trailer axle and suspension shop this morning. A 40 year veteran there told me that most people buy a coach because it has a fancy pretty LED strip under the countertops or a fireplace below the TV. People rarely look at the underpinnings or internal structure of the coach prior to purchase. It's just fact. I didn't. And if you walk around an RV show, you'll see that most people don't even care about axle or frame size, or even more important tire fitments. It's the aesthetics that sell units.

Ultimately, I'll end up spending thousands next year to upgrade everything below the frame rails.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote