Thread: Tire Help
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 08:33 PM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsl View Post
So I was checking the air on the tires today preparing for our trip tomorrow and noticed a bunch of hairline cracks in the sidewall of the tires. The cracks are near the rim and run parallel to the rim around the tire. They have been on the 5er since we bought it so we know they are at least 2 years old (picked up 5er April of 2016). I was looking at the goodyear but it seems their loads range g has a lower weight rating then other load G I have looked at???? So looking for recommendations.

Current Tires: ARISUN CR960A ST235/85R16 129/125L
Load Range G
DOT 8DJL CN2 AND IN CIRCLE NEXT TO THAT IS 1515 (I AM GUESSING THAT IS DATE CODE)

5ER info : GVWR 17000lb GAWR 7000lb (Dual Axle)
rsl,

Your Arisun tires are warrantied by the manufacturer for 5 years from the date of manufacture. You say you bought it in April 2016 and the tires were manufactured the 15th week of 2015, so your tires are still covered. You can download the manufacturer's warranty here: http://www.arisuntires.com/index.php/service/service

Click on the third tab: "WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY AND FOR HOW LONG" and it will explain the terms.

I'm not suggesting you replace the tires with the same type/brand, but if the manufacturer will replace them for "pennies on the dollar", it's an option you might want to consider.

If you do contact the manufacturer, please let us know what kind of service they provide to you.

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote