View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 03:14 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

I've seen different views on max pressure coming into the RV. I had heard 40 psi., 50 psi and even up to 65 psi. I don't think pex cares about any of those numbers but I do worry about all the connections. I ran 135 psi thru our house in the mountains with pex and had no problems (for a short period) but our connections there are much more robust that those in the trailer.

I used the non adjustable type on the RV for a while but it is just not acceptable. We found that water pressures in RV parks seem to be pretty much regulated any more.....way regulated to about 40 psi....maybe. Then, when there is high usage you're lucky to get enough to make a shower head work. When adding the non adjustable regulator it knocked the pressure down no matter what. What might have been a weak flow would be decreased to maddeningly slow. It did come in handy in those few places that had high pressure -all you have to do is turn on the spigot and you can tell 40-50 psi from 100.

We now use an adjustable pressure regulator and voila'! things work no matter where we go. I would highly recommend one if you are using the non adjustable type like you buy at Walmart.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote