View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 11:36 AM   #8
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Steve,

The auxiliary tanks feed through the fuel tank cap, so if there is an aux tank with properly fitting tank caps, then yes, they will work. I'd guess that since the fuel tank caps on the 2000, 3100 and 3500 watt Champion generators are all the same, this new model will also use the same basic cap (07100.00). That's a hunch, based on the owner's manual available from Champion on their website.

The Honda extended run system will not work with the Champion generators, not because of a problem with the generators or the aux system, but simply because the fuel tank caps on the aux system don't fit the Champion generator fuel tanks. Change them out and the system will work with Champion's generator systems.

This link is to one of the "generic" aux fuel systems that works with essentially all generator systems simply by changing the fuel caps. http://www.ipiindustries.com/service...ded-run-tank-1
Yes that's what I have on my Honda. I figured the cap would be different but I have a friend that purchased a Berg tank with my suggestion and hasn't been able to get it to work on his Generac 2000 gen.
I was told the Hondas had a fuel pump, don't know if that's true or not so that may or may not be the cause, but just courious about the Champions in case my Honda ever gives out.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote