Thread: Home security
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 02:58 PM   #10
jimthemosaicguy

Home security

Keep in mind I’m no expert. In my job I’ve dealt with a lot of theft incidents many involving safes, fire-waterproof document boxes, etc. In homes, not RVs. But I think some of the info can be taken into consideration with an RV.
I’ll use a safe as an example.

- There’s the location, hidden etc.
- Is it built into the wall or floor? Or, is it exposed and simply bolted to one or both.
- What is it bolted to ? Can it be easily ripped out with a crowbar.
(Thieves don’t care about destroying your floors/walls to get it out)
- Can the safe it’s be crowbarred open in its current location?

So, what are some options in my Fuzion 416?
I haven’t fully committed to using the space or how to go about. But, one idea I’ve had is using the tool box in the floor in the back of the garages. I drew a little diagram and keep in mind I only considered. Can it be forcibly removed and can it be forced open in the toolbox or the dismantled then remove the safe (this will make more sense later. If so, how long could it take and what tools would they need.

Once again, the only requirements I considered at this point were keeping the thief from forcing open and or taking the safe with them. And not drilling holes or cutting holes in my RV.

So, Feel free to rip my idea to shreds because if we can think of drawbacks a thief sure can. BUT, it’s easy to point out the problems but can you think of a FULL-PROOF SOLUTION?

The idea:
I could drop a safe into the toolbox whether that in the middle or on one side. Then take 2-3 flat bars and build a grid that sits on top of the safe.
It could sit freely on top of the safe. It doesn’t have to be attached to the safe or the toolbox or the floor. The grid just can’t bend if pulled or moved in a way that it could be twisted or taken out in one piece.

I could put some kind of post thru the rods and pad lock it so you could remove the grid and safe if wanted

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3777.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	14475Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3778.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	14476

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jimthemosaicguy is offline   Reply With Quote