Thread: Ouray Colorado
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 01:47 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrez View Post
Thanks for your review. We plan to travel through Colorado next summer and will plan on a stay at Ouray. I see it’s not too far from telluride (as the crow flies). No wonder the mountains surrounding Ouray are spectacular.

Ha! The key here is "as the crow flies"!! Unless you go back thru Durango to get to Telluride there is a mountain range between Ouray and Telluride, albeit a very beautiful mountain range. I've made the trip "up and over" many times and loved it. It is best done mid summer or the condition of the passes can be questionable. I've made them in Jeeps, Hummer, 4runners. If/when you go, take Imogene pass via Tomboy mine straight into Telluride. I love it, my wife hates it, especially the little bridge built out into space over nothingness (a very deep cliff) which leaves her very unsettled. The first time I came out of Telluride and she was over the "hole". After that I come from Ouray which puts me "out there". It is one way at times so be watchful; and keep an eye out for marmots - we think they are pretty cute.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote