View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 05:55 AM   #7
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Nothing like a TT or 5vr. Insurance, maintenance etc. made it clear to us that the "Tiffin" didn't make any sense to us - I'm a bang for the buck kinda guy and that didn't work. When I see those nice Class A's pull in and set up I can only think how sorry I feel for them......
We were at Brice Canyon back in 2006 and a LARGE Class A came in and parked next to our 29' 5th wheel. We saw them when they set up, and again 3 days later when they broke camp. Now just maybe they went out and got back while we were out for the day! However we never saw them and the drapes never opened while we were next door.

Another funny thing happen there at Brice, we were standing on one of the overlooks and the couple next to us spoke English, both of us had a good laugh as it seemed we were the only two English speaking couples on the overlook.

Seems like maybe more foreigners enjoy our special places than many Americans do. On that 6 week trip we pasted a lot of caravans of for rental class C motorhomes.

At Circus Circus RV in Lost Wages this spring we had a nice evening sharing a drink and talking with a couple from South Africa that rented a Super B and were touring the Western States. As we were both setting up, I had said bring a drink and a chair over later and they accepted the offer.

BTW the David Copperfield show was very good. We took our first Uber ride to get to the other end of the LV stripe and back after the show.

Chris