View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 08:47 AM   #17
mskeyspirate

I see that the general consensus here is pretty much "anti extended warranty", but as I stated mine has been good to me. I think that I paid 1700.00 for it "on sale" for the "good one". And I completely agree with the majority of the problem, for the majority is the dealer. The dealer that I purchased my new (2015) camper from, was so horrible that I had to go toe to toe with the owner regarding repairs. This dealer in NW Indiana is approx 35 miles from my home. I searched long and hard to find somewhere to take this camper that I felt good about. Well, that dealer turned out to be a little over 70 miles away and a 2 hour drive. And I do have faith in these folks. Have no reason to think that they have ever steered me wrong. I recently bought a new truck, (new to me) and you guessed it. I only looked for a certified vehicle, just so I'd have someone to fall back on if needed. So, the long and short is that I believe in the extended warranty. And I believe in it because of the pitiful dealers out there. Most of them are shameless. I even had the dealer that I purchased my camper from offer to pay me for a negative review. I do still love camping, and do it every time that we have the opportunity. I've read that the industry is concerned because the big push to buy is letting up considerably. If true, will this lead to better quality ? We can only hope.
mskeyspirate is offline   Reply With Quote