View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 04:50 AM   #28
C.LeeNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyexx View Post
I’m in the same boat as you. My passport came with the furrion dv7100 and for the life of me I can’t figure out how to put sound through the speakers while watching tv. It came from the factory with audio and video cable connected from tv to the back of the stereo but nothing comes through. I have tried switching things around and nothing works.

Our Passport came with the DV7100 as well, and we couldn't get sound from the TV to the stereo..but after trying different plugs on the back of the DV7100, we COULD get sound from the stereo to the TV speakers!

Turned out, in our case, Passport had put a cable with RCA jacks on each end through the ceiling, but the TV installed did not have RCA output jacks for sound. The RCA jacks on the TV were INPUT jacks. The only output jack on the TV is an "earphone" jack on the back, which is a mini-plug. In my case, I was able to fish some wires through the ceiling with the proper connectors. I wanted to add a wire from the antenna jack on the DV7100 to the amplified TV antenna jack anyway, so I was willing to fool with fishing wires (the TV antenna is also an amplified FM antenna). I could have also done it with an adapter from the mini-pug "earphone" jack to the RCA plugs on the existing wire. I think it would have needed a stereo mini-plug to two RCA jack adapter, and a couple of double-ended female RCA adapters.

Hope that helps!
C.LeeNick is offline   Reply With Quote