View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 02:24 PM   #26
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Man, you're making me feel old! "True surround"? That term is relatively new in the last several years, I guess since 5.1, 7.1 etc. evolved. But "true surround"? I remember back in the day when stereo (2 channels) advanced to 4 channels...TRUE SURROUND!! (back then) Got caught up in it (I was really into music back then) and had my Pioneer 4 channel receiver and big Klipsch speakers going or running into my Koss 4 channel headphones. Problem was the turntable, Pioneer reel to reel and about 99% of the 8 track tapes (I had a 4 channel 8 track player) were only stereo. It was great for a while but fizzled out. Now 5.1 and 7.1 are the "true surround" sound and there are lots of things to support it.

Sorry for getting off track; the topic just kind of popped into my head when I read that and thought I would throw out that bit of trivia. Back to the program.
Yep had the whole qudraphonic set up myself. You haven't lived until hearing Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon or the Who's Qudfaphonia in discrete 4 ch. I had 4 matched speakers, each with 15 inc woffer, 2 -6 inc mids, 2 -3 inc tweeters and a 2 inc super tweeter. A Girrard turntable with Aidio Technica cartridge and stylus. What a shame it didn't stay around. O.K. Now I feel old. Holy Stuff where's the Metemucil!
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote