View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 12:12 AM   #28
CaptnJohn

I have a 2017 HC 370BR. We spend about 5 - 6 months annually in it. Some comparisons mentioned are inaccurate, one example is we have a 12" frame. We also have the AC with heat pump. No difference in insulation. I do not want the hydraulic auto-level, much prefer the electric 6 point. Electric has no fluid to ever leak and does not have the cold temp related problems many notice. I appreciate the weight reduction and have not missed the heavier or additional items. Have had but 1 problem, that is very minor to fix. My only complaint is the person installing the wood trim should never hold a nail gun again. His/her proficiency indicates they should not be trusted with Crayons either. Our decision was based on floor plan, not cost. I was excited to see Tiffin began building 5ers, but nothing near an acceptable floor plan. The Montana Bonus Room floor plan was similar but found the loft a big disappointment. Did not see enough benefit to Horizon building similar for $180K. About 7500 - 8500 miles annually and she tows great behind my '16 F350 SRW. One item ~ tires~~ the Montana came with Sailun tires while the HC arrived with Rainier on the same wheels as the Montana. The HC went from the dealer to the tire shop for Sailun tires (tire dealer bought the Rainiers for $150). Another ~ the extra BTUs in the similar FP are not missed. Neither is the 15K #2 AC in the bedroom as the 13.5 ducted is enough with the Whisper in the living room. Not all, but some of that extra cost and weight is fluff no one would miss.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote