View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 06:26 AM   #1
Cracker

2005 Cougar 29rls

Just found this unit last week and we brought it home Monday! I had only recently been looking at the Cougar series - both new and old. This one had been kept in its’ own custom garage since new and it only travelled to a seasonal campsite each summer. Pristine condition in and out, as cared for by meticulous Owners. When I asked about the age of the tires the Owner reported, somewhat with pride, that they were the original tires. Well, originality is great - but not with respect to 13-year-old tires! They did look good - but I made the 50 mile trip home at a sedate 55 mph or less. New tires are the first order of business. The load distribution hitch came with the sale and, after hooking up to my modified (ambulance rear leafs versus OEM) 2003 GMC 3500 Diesel crew cab long bed, the match was perfect, with no adjustment of the hitch needed as the truck and trailer were both dead level. Likewise, I didn’t need to touch my brake controller as the trailer braking was very smooth. The last surprise, which many will find unbelievable, is that all of the running lights lit up, and the brake lights and turn signals worked perfectly!!! The interior of the trailer is dated somewhat, when compared to new, but the quality of the materials and workmanship is very good, and they appear to have stood the test of time well.

We’ll probably travel most of our time in the New England area and the Maritimes. We spent the majority of our working careers in Florida and the Caribbean. As a result, the lure of the tropics doesn’t affect us too much, but, looking out my window at the current snowstorm, a nice warm beach would be a pleasant change right now!
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote