View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 08:16 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Yes, I'm sure it is frustrating. For those who may not be familiar with the issue, Alanfray's RV is a 2018 295QBS Coleman Lantern. A bit of "history" regarding the Dutchman (they make the Coleman line), THOR placed Dutchman (whose manufacturing facility is directly adjacent to Keystone's Goshen plant) under Keystone's management around 2014. At that time, Dutchman was having some significant management problems. A part of the "realignment" included an agreement with Camping World to introduce a new RV line, the Coleman Lantern travel trailer... Prior to that, Coleman was produced by Livin' Lite RV company. That all occurred, I think, around 2015.

Anyway, it shouldn't matter who makes the OP's trailer, if it's defective, the manufacturer (Dutchman) should stand behind it and repair the problem. Keystone's only "skin in the game" is that the Customer Service for both companies (Dutchman and Keystone) are both managed by the Keystone CS department.

I bring all of this up, not to explain the relationship between the two companies, but rather to give the OP some background on what's probably happening with his warranty repair. It's being managed by Keystone but is probably being denied by Dutchman. The "disconnect" is probably between Camping World's report and what Keystone is relaying "across the fence" to Dutchman who probably doesn't have accurate data on which to make a decision.

If there is a way to get the dealership to accurately and completely document the problem and to show Keystone the video that depicts screws coming through the TPO roof membrane in multiple locations, I'd suspect there would be a much more satisfactory decision. I'm guessing that Keystone is "visualizing" one or two small spots and refusing to replace the membrane. If they were aware of multiple locations that are damaged, historically they have approved at least a partial "reskinning" of the roof. I've never heard of them repairing a roof by patching holes and putting vent stacks over the repair.

Somewhere there is a "disconnect" between the dealer, Keystone and Dutchman.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote