View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 03:59 AM   #13
pawpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
Nice work how much of it did you do? It took me 6 months to finish my rv shed its 20 by 40 . Its nice to have the RV out of the brutal heat .
Wife ordered the cover online and once it arrived it only took 1/2 day to errect it by a crew out of Dallas. We set it on cinder blocks that my son in law and myself laid down. Not a good support enough for me so we poured a larger addition to the slab to support it right. Jacking and blocking up the cover was done by myself and my son in law and also setting it down on the concrete and bolting it down. Being close to 70 yrs old with COPD I can't do too much work like years ago but can still order material and pick it up with my utility trailer...like wood for the forms..re-bar and that type of stuff. A buddy of mine and myself ran 50 amp service from my garage panel to a 4x4 post...I dug the trench and that almost killed me! Wife and I over the years built 2 houses(sub-contracted)and did as much work ourselves while working full time jobs. Always the satisfaction of doing it yourself if you can!

This is how it sat on cinder blocks before we added to the slab.