View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 06:27 AM   #14
DrHolliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Unless I'm missing something here your breakaway pin being pulled has nothing to do the the truck brake controller, a coincidence that it happened at the same time. The breakaway is a separate piece of equipment getting power from the RV to activate only the RV brakes when the pin is pulled.
Your issue has to be the umbilical connection from the truck to the RV not the breakaway system. Possibly as John stated you disturbed the plug or maybe bent some of the prongs if it was disturbed.
I understand that it is separate, but on these newer trucks it seems when the break away is pulled while it is still connected it shuts down the trucks brake controller so that it needs reset. I wind up having to disconnect the trailer and shut the truck off for 2+ minutes to get the brake controller to work again.

That's why i mentioned it in the post. It could have been relevant to the issue. It also took me a while to figure out how to reset the brake controller, so putting the info in this thread could possible help someone else who has this happen in the future.
DrHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote