View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 09:43 AM   #11
Steveo57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboland9 View Post
Again, thanks to all for your thoughts. It is an RV 30amp, 30 ft, 10G cord with RV plugs. I do agree that if the electrician was thinking he put in a larger gauge from the house to the pedestal to minimize voltage drop off. I will be speaking to him to see if he has those records.

I am still insecure with running it as the voltage did drop to 109 and Dometic said that was the lowest voltage they were comfortable with.

I like the suggestion about the soft start and will embark on some research. Thanks
I really wouldn't get too worried about running it down to 104 volts. There's tens of thousands of RVs out there every day running them at those low voltages. If you look at the AC you'll most likely see that every sticker you can find says it's rated at 115 volts.

If it was a real problem Progressive and all of the other EMS manufacturers wouldn't have a low voltage cutout at 104 volts.

On hot and muggy days when the system is stressed our household voltage typically runs 112-114 volts. And I'm sure there's millions of homes out there that run at lower voltages all the time during heavy loads.

I only worry about it if starts to get down around 105-106 as it's getting close to the 104 limit of my EMS and I don't want to start having the EMS shutting power off and on to the trailer.