View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
CampNBrew2

Recommend bi-Pin (G4) LEDs that last in ceiling down lights?

Hello All,
I have a 2013 Premier 22RBPR. I retrofitted the 48 and 72 panel type LEDs in the surface mount fixtures, range hood, and dinette fixture. I used these flat panel boards in my old toy hauler and they lasted for years.

I bought these flower looking ones (on my lamps the board is actually cut to the shape outlined on the picture.) to replace the 20w halogen bi-pin lamps in the ceiling down lights. They worked fine for one trip but now have some dead LEDs and some are flickering. I tried resoldering each individual LED chip thinking bad joints but did not help.

Have you had any luck with bi-pin LEDs that fit the ceiling lights? The fixtures don't leave much room for various styles, and they don't vent the heat well, which likely kills the chips even faster. I have thought about removing the metal "reflector" inside the fixture but not sure if that would leave it open to the attic cavity.

These were ebay specials of course. There are not many form factors that will fit in these fixtures. Please let me know if you found some that last.
Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LED lamp.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	19971  
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote