Thread: Premier 24rk
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #16
Maxpowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet794 View Post
Howdy! We are scheduled to pick up new camper in two days. Anyone have one and have comments? Any issues with the opposing slides?
2019 bullet 265. Our small slide because it doesn’t slide as far as other slides The gaskets do not invert properly by the time the slide is fully extended so we use a bone tool or our fingers to properly orientate the slide or voids would be present most commonly where the vertical and the horizontal gaskets meet. Our AC was loose and the AC/roof assembly was leaking water from outside when we got it home first week. Also there is a small boot that is on the cable for the slide and it is glued to the gasket, on one of those penetrations the boot had to come off and needed to be re-glued into place. I expect this will happen again elsewhere. The fan overhead of the stove does not exhaust to the outside of the trailer so it’s for odour control and looks only.

Additionally the awning over small slide rubs of the sharp corner of the slide when we lower the one end of awning for water runoff. I thought about a pool noodle to protect but it will still stress the fabric awning. I’m hoping to only lower the other corner of awning when required and I’m going to add a rope hanging down into bucket to attempt to get water to run down rope into bucket like a water chain instead of flooding the ground and making so much noise our fire bucket is metal.

Our fridge will not run on shore power unless it’s started first on propane. I figured this out by fooling with it. Otherwise it doesn’t work at all. We took it back to dealer to repair but they said it was fine. As soon as we got home and plugged in it failed again. I started on propane then switched to auto and it worked fine on 120v.

To be honest what I have learned in 6 short weeks is there is a lot of deficiencies and bugs in our unit for whatever reason. Now I realize that I am just going to have to fix things myself one at a time as they come because running it back-and-forth to the dealer to try to get warranty work done is not practical and It is what it is. For what I PAID my expectations are too high and these units could be built much better than they are However not for the current price apparently. Who’s fault is that? I dunno? I think we just need to upgrade and repair these things as they come and try to enjoy your time doing it and remind ourselves that the memories that we create well Camping, especially in the Great White North, completely offset the negative. My glass has to be half full or I would go crazy.

Another thing I learned is this place is full of really nice folks that have a ton of experience and great ideas. Best thing you did for your new purchase was joining here and tapping into this network. I wish I had Pre purchase.
Maxpowers is offline   Reply With Quote