View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 09:09 PM   #5
ajk170

When I found out that we were moving from SouthEast GA out to TX we pulled the trigger and installed a second A/C in the bedroom since it was prewired for it. It really does work great to cool the coach down during the day but the DW hates running it at night (we got a 13.5 that's supposed to be quieter than all the others but it's still pretty loud inside - outside you would never know it's running so I guess it wasn't really fall advertising, just not meeting the expectations) Anyhow, we shut the bedroom one off at night and we still rely on the living room's 15K but it doesn't seem to do a great job keeping us cool. With these mods (closable vents and blocking the ductwork at the ends) I'm hoping that will help push more air into the bedroom at night. We have tinted windows but I like your idea about tinting windows, I wonder if applying another tint layer or some UV type layer on them will help as well. I've seen some people talk about adding those external UV filters down here in TX. Not sure about those and if they are worth the $$$.
ajk170 is offline   Reply With Quote