View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #36
JSquared

I was about 18/19 when I started. My parents had bought a pop up, prior to that we had never towed anything. But while in the Boy Scouts I observed several adults at various times try to park our equipment trailer. Some were successful, some not so much. I didn’t realize it at the time but I was listening to them coach each other. There was no merit badge for trailering. So when my parents got the pop up, I had some pretty good knowledge but no experience. I’m not sure what trip it was, if it was our first trip or much later but my dad was having difficulty backing it in. It was taking forever and we all wanted to get on with the day and swim or something. After about 15mins I finally got frustrated and asked if I could do it. Couldn’t be any worse, lol. Hopped in, circled around to start fresh and landed that sucker and had it opened up in about 5mins. Zero actual experience at that point. A few times after that though, I too had difficulty for whatever reason and remember jumping out and just manhandling that pop up into place. Since then I’ve also towed my parents four winds boat, some rented wave runners, been a tow truck driver twice hauling all kinds of stuff.

2016 Bullet 287QBS
2017 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Duramax
JSquared is offline   Reply With Quote