View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 12:41 PM   #25
FlyingAroundRV

Michael, if you're still watching this thread, I'll weigh in with my Two cents worth.

I would defintely go with a bigger truck as others have advised. Most people on these forums report graduating to bigger trailers after their first one. So in the long run you'll probably want that bigger truck anyway.
Now that you've bought the trailer you like, to trade down and take the hammering that you WILL take on the trade, then to later decide that you really did prefer the bigger trailer and trade up again, and then have to upgrade the truck anyway ... That is going to be a lot of wasted money.
WRT buying a truck. There are a lot of good used trucks out there and if you take the time to search, you can find some rare gems. We managed to find a 2015 F250 2WD with only 13,000 miles on it, last year. Even though it was 3 years old, it was still under manufacturer's warranty. I would suggest also to look for trucks in the southern states (away from the salted roads up north). We bought our truck out of Dallas. The biggest selection of trucks is there and they don't use salt on the roads as far as I know. Another good place to look is Atlanta. Depending on where you live, you might have to take a couple of days to go down and look at trucks, but it will be worth it in the long run.
We live in Australia, so I had to do my truck shopping real long distance. I went to Dallas with a list of 16 trucks I was interested in, from the online car ads site. We rented a car and hit the road. In the end, our truck was located 165 miles out of Dallas. We did a LOT of driving looking at trucks, but it was really worth it.
JMO! But I would suggest, don't downgrade the trailer, upgrade the truck. Move forward, not back.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote