View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 11:17 AM   #13
drew999999

I have the 3350BH which is the nearly identical twin of the 3320BH. These things are beasts at over 37ft but still light. I pull mine with a '13 F150 Ecoboost 145" wheelbase, but had to do some modifications to the truck to feel comfortable while towing. After many trips to the scales after tweaking, I'm at a tongue weight of about 1000 loaded which includes the weight of my WDH, and trailer weight of about 7200 lbs. If I could offer 1 piece of advice it would be to hit the scales and see how things look. Some say that their delivered weight was way off from the specs found online, but I found that mine were nearly spot on. Specs showed 6550 dry weight and the scales printed out at 6625. Guessing this was the battery as I've read that listed dry weights normally include full propane (could be bad info though, but the scale tickets won't lie to you).

My TT pulls fairly well after adding new shocks, Timbrens, and Hellwig sway bar. The rear suspensions in these 1/2 tons just don't feel sturdy enough for 1000lbs hanging at the bumper. I felt like the rear was floating around. Timbrens took care of that feeling 100% and I've been happy with them.

The thing I noticed early on with this TT is that the wind and passing semis will not be kind to that much surface area and may make things feel uncomfortable at times. I didn't really like this and did upgrade my hitch, but alot of others have great results with Equalizers, Reese DC, and others. I hate to push the high dollar hitch to others as it may not be needed depending on how things feel to ya.

Edit: Adding pic...

Another edit: bsmith0404... legitimate question as I've seen so many posts over time saying that a bigger truck would stop a TT better. Is this a safety 'saying' that it would stop better during a brake failure of the trailer? I agree that adding 1000lbs of mass to a 1/2 ton truck (by going 3/4 ton) should give it a little more leverage, but in an emergency situation, its still going to lose the battle. In normal travels, the trailer is stopping itself if adjusted properly. I've never understood the logic of a bigger passenger truck having better stopping power.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0910 (1).jpg
Views:	636
Size:	358.8 KB
ID:	13407
drew999999 is offline   Reply With Quote