Thread: Cougar Half Ton
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 04:34 AM   #9
x96mnn

Thank you all for your responses and there is some good info here.

My main concern is the quality of the camper. My current Sprinter is much smaller but weighs almost the same and that to me suggest the material used is better.

Little more info on the truck. Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 with 5.7L. Airbags in the back for an extra 1000pd payload which I add because I did not like where the 1500 sat for optimal set-up with current camper as close to 1200pds was on the back. The tires are 17" E rated Michelin for a stronger side-wall and less roll as well the break system was upgraded with a size up rotor, pads and calliper all from Bremo to help with breaking. My current camper at the scale is 7626pds loaded up, (Propane full, fresh water full, nothing in the Grey or Black), and I am under my Factory suggested Max Tow. I do realize all my additions does not change my 9100pd max tow nor do I want to put myself in a position where I am under a 1000pd buffer between my camper weight and my max tow. When the truck was stock my goal was to stay 2000pds under but have comfortably towed close to max on a trip helping a friend move seasonal locations after I had completed my upgrades on a very windy day which may have given me a false sense of security.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote