View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 08:51 AM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty75 View Post
As an update, still haven’t heard a response from the dealer. Pretty disappointed as that was the only reason we bought local this time. We swap out camper every 2 years to stay in a warranty, so surprised they aren’t doing more to keep the business. However, I did talk directly to keystone and they said no problem, it’s covered for 90 days from date of sale. They had me repair it myself and just take pictures for their files. It was literally a trip to Lowe’s and 2-minute repair, but more than anything didn’t want to be responsible for what if anything is affected behind the wall. Hopefully nothing at this point but I have learned the hard way it’s better to be over documented than under.

Your comment is spot on. Hopefully others will read and log it. There is no such thing as "too much" documentation when it comes to an RV warranty.

I hate that your dealer seems to disregard your situation. You said "you still haven't heard back"; you might want to be the one to initiate that contact instead of waiting on them - dealerships seem to forget. When dealing with the dealership initially on this trailer I was told at one point, when discussing the lack of followup, that they were "busy". I told the service manager that I understood that but I was busy also and did not, and would not, allot all day, every day to wait for them to contact me. A 2nd occurrence took place and I went to the dealership (60 miles), got him and took him to the GMs office. We then spent 1 1/2 hours discussing my issues, their problems and how we were going to resolve them with the understanding I had plenty of time to come in there daily and take up a couple of hours of time from both of them. Poof! My emails and phone calls were responded to in a very timely manner and my repairs all of a sudden had more priority....and it has remained that way. I have to say this is at a CW and there is a hierarchy above the dealership that all those folks answer to (and they actually do) so their words/actions aren't the end of the discussion.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote