View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 03:36 PM   #54
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet28 View Post
Do we have a bunch of flatlanders here and you never come up on a semi struggling up a grade with flashers on? They are also used to warn others of a slow moving vehicle.
Funny. I was taught and “rule of thumb” for WY, MT, UT, ID, WA, etc. where I have driven/ lived is that if the semi’s have their flashers on going up a grade, they are going less than 45 mph. Of course, same applies for grades like Homestake pass in MT, where semi’s have a lower speed limit for going down the hill. Last week, most of them had their flashers on for the downgrade also, their speed limit was 25 mph, I believe. And, for me at least, the mountains are an expected place to see semi’s going slow, with or without flashers.

But, I also agree with not turning on the flashers in the rain. It’s already harder to see in the rain, why make it even worse for others with flashing lights along with those who won’t dim their brights? Or are towing a trailer with the front of their truck pointed to the sky so it looks like they have their brights on...

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote