View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 10:08 AM   #22
Rex1vt

2014 Cap Fade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Just took my 2014 Cougar High Country in today for some minor warranty repair work. My cap had started fading but forgot to mention it. The service manager asked me if I'd looked at the cap and I told him I had but forgot to mention it, plus, I had him on such a short turn a round time that I was afraid I would need to bring it back later for something like that. He said "we'll repaint it" and said it needed 5 new decals (looking across the front of the trailer). Obviously Keystone has to approve it but he said they had just finished doing 3 others and Keystone was aware they had a problem with their paint. He did not anticipate a problem getting it done. He DID say that they are given an "allowance" to do the job. Depending on what the dealer is willing to do the work for you may or may not get a full blown paint job vs a sand and re-coat as mentioned elsewhere in this thread. Very pleased with the visit today.
Quote is from November 2014. I am wondering if Sourdough (or others )found the repaint job solved the problem or has since failed in some way.If there was a failure what was the dealer/mfg response?
Rex1vt is offline   Reply With Quote