View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 06:00 AM   #18
JRTJH
Site Team

A couple years ago I bought a back blade for my tractor from a nephew. It was under a tree behind his pole barn which was on the back of his property. We hitched the trailer to my truck, pulled it behind his pole barn and dug the backblade out of the snow and fallen leaves. After loading it on the trailer (3 of us) my nephew and his son decided to just sit on the trailer rather than "dirty up my truck seats"... Made sense to all of us, so they climbed on the trailer to ride the 100 yards or so to the house. Well as we rounded the front of the house, there was a police car going down the street, so they both bailed off the trailer (to avoid a ticket if the cop happened to see them on the trailer)....

To make a long story short, well shorter, IMHO they both were at significantly greater risk of getting hurt jumping off a moving trailer (maybe 3 or 4 MPH) than just sitting there, feet dangling off the sides of my flatbed trailer....

Sometimes there's a direct opposition between common sense, laws and reality..... YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote