View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 05:58 PM   #1
Xsv

Negative experience with Tadi Brothers (backup cam)

I purchased a 2016 Keystone 311 toyhauler this summer. I wanted a backup cam for not only backing up, but to also assist in monitoring traffic behind me when towing. I saw some positive experiences with https://www.tadibrothers.com/
And thought I would try them. I ordered a hd cam with a 7 inch clip on monitor designed to clip onto your rear view mirror. Unfortunately the clamping system would not work on my Onstar mirror.

I called tadi brothers and they assured me the 9 inch clip on would work. I would be charged the price of the 9 inch monitor. They would send me the 9 inch along with a prepaid shipping label to return the 7 inch monitor.

The 9 inch clip on monitor arrived and I found the footprint identical to the 7 inch. Subsequently it would not clip onto the onstar mirror.

I called tadi brothers again. I said forget the clip on variety. I ordered a replacement mirror with the monitor built in. Again, I paid for the new mirror. I was told that I could send the 9 inch and 7 inch monitor back in the same box using their prepaid label. Good enough. The monitors were returned on approximately June 10, 2018 and the 3rd mirror shoe we’d up a few days later.

The 3rd mirror worked. All is good except the refund for the 9 inch monitor.

When a few weeks had passed I noticed no refund to my credit card. A call to customer service, which more often than not results in them calling you back several hours later, and I learned they never received the return package.

Several more calls over the upcoming weeks and I got the same answer. I pointed out that it was under their prepaid shipping label and they should be able to track it. I was advised it would be difficult to find the tracking number.

I called them back on August 7, 2018 and was told they had finally found it. Fantastic...when will I see a refund? I was told it will “post at the end of the week”

It is now September 17, 2018. 5 weeks later and no refund has occurred, no email, and no phone calls from them.

I am blown away that a company would scoff at the whopping amount of $86 that they owe me. I guess their integrity can be sold fairly cheap.
Buyer beware....very poor business practice, lack of knowledge to their own products, lack of good communication all add to a poor experience.
Xsv is offline   Reply With Quote