View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 08:06 AM   #1
jdixon980

Looking adding inverter; Need advice

Looking at adding a inverter and a few more batteries to experiment with boondocking. Only planning on a few weekends and a couple of NASCAR races a year. Just don’t want to run a generator every time I want to do something. I was looking at a Go Power IC2000. From my understanding it’s a inverter, charger and transfer switch in one unit. Just wondering if this is overkill unit? I would like to be able to use TV, coffee pot, and any receptacle. Really don’t want to worry about which leg runs what. Also looking at a Predator inverter generator from Harbor Freight. Which size would I need? Would like to run at least on AC if needed. I keep reading about soft starting AC with generator. What does this consist of? I am thinking of 4 six volt golf cart batteries for battery bank. I am thinking this project will run me around $2500. If anybody has any better options or cheaper options, would love to hear about them. How hard is all this to hookup? Like I said, the more I read. The more I am confused. Think I have confused myself writing all this![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
jdixon980 is offline   Reply With Quote