View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 10:10 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The two blue LED's are there to indicate that power is being applied in that "half" of the power cord. The 50 amp plug is actually two "power wires" a "common return wire" and a "ground wire". I'd suspect that one leg of the 50 amp power pedestal is not getting power to your cord plug. A couple of ways to determine if the LED's are working: First, carry the cord to another pedestal and see if both LED's light. If they do, then your pedestal has a wiring/power issue, contact the campground. Or, secondly, if you have a voltmeter, you can test both legs of the pedestal. You should get 115 VAC from "leg 1 to ground/neutral" and 115 VAC from "leg 2 to ground/neutral". If you do, then I'd guess your cord LED is not working.

You "should" be able to tell if both legs of your power cord are working by checking which circuits are powered by each leg at the circuit breaker box inside your RV. If both sides have power, then I'd suspect your cord LED, but there's a possibility that all of your circuit breakers are located on "one side of your power source, so without knowing how your RV is actually wired, this last paragraph "may not be accurate".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote