View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #8
Larry1013

The Carrier AirV AC unit on my 2005 Outback wasn't performing very well last September while in Colorado. There were some 85* days and one afternoon it froze up, so I assume it is low in freon. I switched over to the dry mode so the a/c would cycle more and prevent freezing up. I checked the coils on top and they were relatively clean with no trash and few dirt dauber nest. So, that again leads me to believe freon is low. With no charge port, there is now way to test or recharge. So, now the basics are out of the way and hopefully no confusion, the quandary is what to replace the Carrier with and whether to do it myself or hire it done.

Has anyone installed or used the Advent units? Thoughts? Good? Bad?

The Advent has a wiring adapter to use the Carrier inside controls. This allows me to use the remote control instead of trying to run wires for thermostat and attempting to conceal the thermostat wires.

Next, my shore power is 30a, would there be a concern of going with a 15000 btu unit?

I wish I had a place close by to do the replacement myself as it would save about $300 to $400 over letting someone do it. Anyone close (east central Alabama) by with lift or some easy way to get old A/C off and new A/C on roof?

Any thoughts or opinions is gladly appreciated.

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat CrewCab Long Bed 6.7L
2005 Keystone Outback Sydney 30FRKS
Larry1013 is offline   Reply With Quote