Thread: hartland tires?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 04:25 AM   #8
bsmith0404

I bought the Hartland LRG tires from Discount for my 5er. I'm the one Gearhead mentioned as stating I would be the guinea pig. The Hartland tire is made exclusively for Discount Tire. I do not have any information as to who the tire is rebranded from. As CW stated, they are most likely another tire that is rebranded with the Hartland name for Discount Tire. The appear to be a Goodyear G614 clone. I have not used the tires yet, but I am impressed with the construction of them and how well they balanced. They took very little weight to balance. When I worked at a tire shop, you could always tell the difference between cheap vs quality tires and wheels by how much weight they took to balance. Additionally, the tires are a G rated tire with over 4k lbs rating at 95 psi. I've never seen another G rated tire at 95 psi. The Carlisle LRF is a 95 psi tire. That tells me the tire carcass is heavier in order to carry the weight at the lower pressure. I decided to try the tire because, like you, I've always had good luck with Discount Tire. I'm hoping that they decided to have these tires branded exclusively for them in order to provide a quality tire not available from anyone else.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote