View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 10:45 PM   #36
FlyingAroundRV

Here's my take on the wildly variable prices of RVs FWIW.
I've seen the particular TT that I've been looking at, for sale at prices ranging from $22K to in excess of $36K.
Here's something I've seen mentioned a LOT. A lot of people suggest that you can get between 25-30% off the MSRP of any RV. So my guess is that the dealers that are posting crazy high prices expect customers to bargain. It's a complete win for the dealers that do this. Some people will haggle hard, some people will haggle just a little, and some will not haggle at all. So the dealer still makes a bit of money out of those people who haggle hard, but makes a LOT of money out of the other two types.
So what about the dealers asking already rock bottom prices? I think it's because these dealers can't be bothered haggling and besides, those low looking prices will drive a lot of traffic through the door without the sales people having to lift a finger.
You can prove this by going to one of the dealers that ask rock bottom prices and try to get the usual 25-30% off. I'll bet London to a brick, you'll get short shrift from these dealers. Probably you'll get told, "That's our 'no-haggle' price".
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote