View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 09:56 AM   #46
jsb5717

Yep, I think it's a challenging exercise to provide any accurate gauge of quality. Part of the equation has to be the hands that put it together. As we've already seen, you can put 3 identical trailers side by side and on one end have zero issues and high customer satisfaction. On the other side you can have multiple trips back to the dealer to solve all kinds of dysfunction. The "quality" of the trailers are identical in spec, but different in time spent, or attention given, to assemble them well. Higher end materials poorly assembled still creates havoc for the owner, driving down satisfaction, increasing online complaining, etc. The end result is still a lower quality product.

A lot of the cost of a rig can also be solely cosmetic. The bones and assembly can be sound but there are a lot of finishes that can add a lot of cost without necessarily impacting quality of build.

Customer satisfaction might be one of the better gauges of quality. If I knowingly purchase a rig with fewer cosmetic enhancements because I decide that I don't need to spend the extra dollars on those things in order to enjoy my trailer, but I am happy with the function and performance of my purchase, then I might say that my rig is good quality since, to me, it is a good value.

As John said, there are different ways to measure satisfaction that might translate into "quality". To me, if the rig performs as promised, that is quality.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote