View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #37
Tim&Patty

SteadyFast Attachment

Reuben,
Trust me there is a frame and if ya look in the right places you'll find it. In the front both propane tanks on the bottom open to the frame (any leaking gas sinks and exits outside) that part of the visible frame will be one of your attaching points (I believe Jim went from the drivers side frame to the passenger side foot plate, I went the other way) On the rear the stair opening and the bumper attchement are visible access along with opening the slide gives you a great view. Another hint is the coroplast is attached on the inside of the I-beam with the body skirting screwed to the outside.

The instructions are good, RHDW loved them, me being the typical Anal Retentive Alpha Male doesn't read instructions (nor maps or ask for directions) found the pictures perfect

Instead of oil for the screws I used LocTite on the threads, 1/2 electric drill (I only use battery powered for wood projects around the house) FACE SHIELD a must, long straws = saves job time, didn't have to roll out from under her for my 2 drilled holes=1 cold beverage. Heck with a 3 hour install, took me two days

Tim & Patty (RHDW Red Head Dear Wife)
Riley (Monster Yorkie)

2011 High Country 291RLS, SteadyFast, XM Radio, Awning Sun Shade.

2011 Ford F-150 Platinum, 6.2L, Max Tow Package
Voliant Ram Air, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Hypertech Chip, On Board Lift Bags, Anzo Projector Headlights & LED Tailights, Pace Rolling Padded Hard Cover.
Reese 16K Slider
Tim&Patty is offline   Reply With Quote